At the vanguard of our changing health care system is nursing.
This program aims to develop a professional nurse who is able to assume entry-level positions in health facilities or community settings while building a strong sense of professional and clinical competence to thrive in various health care settings. We train our future nurses to study critically, make informed decisions with scientific evidence, work collaboratively and creatively, and be innovative in interprofessional health care environments.
Prior to graduation, the UB School of Nursing assists our students to be assessed for Health Care Services NC II and Caregiving NC II. These national certificates not only attest to their training and capacity as nurses but can be utilized for future work and professional endeavors and qualifications.
Program Educational Objectives
In 3 to 5 years after graduation, graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing are expected to:
- engage in lifelong learning with a passion to keep abreast primarily with nursing and health developments, and generally with other allied disciplines in the local, national and global context;
- demonstrate professional competence by assuming the role of a professional nurse imbued with ethical values, and caring attitude;
- act as a lead researcher in nursing and health-related research topics;
- demonstrate responsible citizenship and pride of being a Filipino nurse; and 5. collaborates with colleagues and other health team members, GOs ,and NGOs to maintain or promote environmental and community health
A Bachelor of Science in Nursing graduate should be able to:
- apply knowledge of physical, social, natural and health sciences and humanities in the practice of nursing.
- provide safe, appropriate, and holistic care to individuals, families, population groups, and community utilizing the nursing process.
- apply guidelines and principles of evidence- based practice in the delivery
- practice nursing in accordance with existing laws, legal, ethical, and moral principles
- communicate effectively in speaking, writing, and presenting using culturally-appropriate language
- report/document client care accurately and comprehensively
- collaborate effectively with inter-, intra-, and multi- disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- practice beginning management and leadership skills in using systems approach in the delivery of client care.
- conduct Research with experience researcher.
- engage in lifelong learning with a passion to keep current with national and global developments in general, and nursing and health developments in particular.
- demonstrate responsible citizenship and pride in being a Filipino.
- apply techno-intelligent care systems and processes in health care delivery
- uphold the nursing core values in the practice of the profession.
- apply entrepreneurial skill in the delivery of nursing care
- uphold UB-Core values in the practice of the nursing profession.